Final we could reach the end of our first semester. This semester assignments were all corelated with eachother. All of the assignments were the one step further of the previous ones. So that, we were responsible for our every step in the final jury. And in the last step of the assignement, we were allowed to use every operatios such as tear & fold, scale & stretch. Our instructors were expecting us to discover and use the potential of these operations. In result, I have used those operations to promote my strategy. My strategy was “integration of dense and less dense group”.
Here are some snapshots from my final jury 🙂
After the previous assignment, our instructures wanted us to produce a diagram of it. It was something new for us. We started to producing it and after that they wanted us to make a model with the same units but one element of that unit should be streched and also we should have be in accordance with that diagram. I tried a lot to reach that model but I couldn’t. And then, I realized that the diagram was so specific to that previous model. So that, I tried to produce a generic diagram as possible and I tried to make units grouped according to their relations. This time it was lots more easy. So that I could reach this model. In addition, stretching operation made me gain new relations even though I lost some of them. It was a good experience that taught me lot of useful things.
We kicked off to a new stage of our training which is called CO-MO-RO, in other words copy-move-rotate. Firstly, we determined a plane which is limited with 20 cm2. Ad by using that element we introduced a unit. My unit includes 5 elements so that I could make my unit oriented every direction. That increased my unit’s potential in terms of assembling them together. After that, I tried to study the relations between units and their variations. I tried make them strong relations as possible and tried to add complexity to my model.
As I mentioned in my previous posts, this time we were assigned to make a 3D construct of a superimosed image as well. Whereas, in this instance, that superimposed images were not ours. We picked randomly one of our firends images. Then again, we tried to apply same steps as previous superimpose excercise. Distinctly, this time I paid particular attention to the relations between elements and achieved that by again using tracing paper. Here is my work below.
This time, we took our previous two model’s pictures on acetate sheets. And we were assigned to superimpose them. First of all, I did a little research about superimpose on the internet and found out that superimpose means lay or place something over something else in certain angle and certian position. So, I started trying every positions of two sheets and then I decided on that position. And then I started sketching it with the tracing paper. I did same step 3 times by aking it less detailed and by just using horizontal and vertical lines. So that, I could realize relations more clearly. Here is my sketches below.
For the second time of abstarcting, our instructors gave us 5 images to be select one of them. This time I focused on spatial relations more and then I tried to achieve this by using tracing paper technique which I learnt from discussion hour . Firstly, I put tracing paper on the printed image and sketched the outlines. And for the next step I did the same previous step but this time I just used only horizonal and vertical lines. And then I was able to recognise relations more clearly. But I’m afraid that I couldn’t use those infrmations succesfuly. Unfortunately I made a little figurative model I guess.