Group Work | Collage from Diagrams

As you could see in my previous post more detailed, we were assigned to produce a diagram from a part of the movie that we have choosen. (New Semester | Diagram | Spatial Experiences). In the second stage of the assignment, as groups, we were assigned to produce a collage work from the diagrams that we have produced. Again this collage diagram should needed to hold the idea of our keyword’s. Ass01_Step2_Collage_Group2

Advertisements

New Semester | Diagram | Spatial Experiences

Finally new semester is started after this  long period of holiday. And also new semester has came with new studio! 🙂 Yes, we moved out to our brand new campus and of course to a brand new studio. The new studio serves utterly different experiences to us. I hope it will bring luck and success 🙂

We have started the new semester rapidly. Our new topic is “analysis o spatial experiences”. As groups of  4 members, we were given a list of movies to watch one of them and select a scene from that movie to analyse the spatial experiences. We have chosen Inception. After I watched the movie I have selected a scene which includes several different spaces which are connected with an imaginary elevator. After I analysed the scene I have decided on my keywords: Layers / Levels / Different Experiences / Broken Continuity. 

So I have produced a diagram:

Untitled-1

After the critique hours I have improved my diagram:

Untitled-2

 

 

First Final Jury

Final we could reach the end of our first semester. This semester assignments were all corelated with eachother. All of the assignments were the one step further of the previous ones. So that, we were responsible for our every step in the final jury. And in the last step of the assignement, we were allowed to use every operatios such as tear & fold, scale & stretch. Our instructors were expecting us to discover and use the potential of these operations. In result, I have used those operations to promote my strategy. My strategy was “integration of dense and less dense group”. 

Here are some snapshots from my final jury 🙂

By Using the Diagram

Untitled-1

After the previous assignment, our instructures wanted us to produce a diagram of it. It was something new for us. We started to producing it and after that they wanted us to make a model with the same units but one element of that unit should be streched and also we should have be in accordance with that diagram. I tried a lot to reach that model but I couldn’t. And then, I realized that the diagram was so specific to that previous model. So that, I tried to produce a generic diagram as possible and I tried to make units grouped according to their relations. This time it was lots more easy. So that I could reach this model. In addition, stretching operation made me gain new relations even though I lost some of them. It was a good experience that taught me lot of useful things.

Studying the Relations

Untitled-1

We kicked off to a new stage of our training which is called CO-MO-RO, in other words copy-move-rotate. Firstly, we determined a plane which is limited with 20 cm2. Ad by using that element we introduced a unit. My unit includes 5 elements so that I could make my unit oriented every direction. That increased my unit’s potential in terms of assembling them together. After that, I tried to study the relations between units and their variations. I tried make them strong relations as possible and tried to add complexity to my model.

Hardcopy Collage

P1120795

As I touched on in my previous post, we chose an image from our school library to make collage. For the second step of this work we made a hardcopy collage. But in this case we used text too. Again I tried to use grid as a tool. I divided my image as vertical stripes by using grid. But still I paid attention to reference lines of the image. And then, I combined them with the texts.

Digital Collage

Untitled-3     Ass04_Melis Bel2

For this week, our instructors wanted us to go to our school library and search the sources to choose an image. This image was going to be used for our digital collage and hardcopy collage which was going to be produced by handwork. I found this image from an art journal. Because I thought that this picture has many certain reference lines. Then I used grid as a tool to make my collage. But while I was playing with the divided parts I paid attention my reference ines too which were already in the image. Also I changed certain parts’ opacity too.