Section Drawing

Office Lens 20160221-123818

This week we have learned what section drawing is. It is kind of  drawing that shows a structure’s interior parts when it is cut by a straight plane. Our instructors gave us a model owned by an old freshman year student to draw sections of it. This time we  only cut the structure by a vertical plane and drew it isometric.

Advertisements

Group Work | Collage from Diagrams

As you could see in my previous post more detailed, we were assigned to produce a diagram from a part of the movie that we have choosen. (New Semester | Diagram | Spatial Experiences). In the second stage of the assignment, as groups, we were assigned to produce a collage work from the diagrams that we have produced. Again this collage diagram should needed to hold the idea of our keyword’s. Ass01_Step2_Collage_Group2

New Semester | Diagram | Spatial Experiences

Finally new semester is started after this  long period of holiday. And also new semester has came with new studio! 🙂 Yes, we moved out to our brand new campus and of course to a brand new studio. The new studio serves utterly different experiences to us. I hope it will bring luck and success 🙂

We have started the new semester rapidly. Our new topic is “analysis o spatial experiences”. As groups of  4 members, we were given a list of movies to watch one of them and select a scene from that movie to analyse the spatial experiences. We have chosen Inception. After I watched the movie I have selected a scene which includes several different spaces which are connected with an imaginary elevator. After I analysed the scene I have decided on my keywords: Layers / Levels / Different Experiences / Broken Continuity. 

So I have produced a diagram:

Untitled-1

After the critique hours I have improved my diagram:

Untitled-2

 

 

Final Drawing | METU Preparatory School

Office Lens 20160221-1244371

Here is my final drawing assignment of Architectural Communication Techniques course above. It is an isometric drawing of METU preparatory school additional building. Before I start to drawing, I visited the campus of METU to better understand the building and analyse it with comparing with the other buildings that have been located in the campus.

Here are some photos of the Language School Preparatory building below.

First Final Jury

Final we could reach the end of our first semester. This semester assignments were all corelated with eachother. All of the assignments were the one step further of the previous ones. So that, we were responsible for our every step in the final jury. And in the last step of the assignement, we were allowed to use every operatios such as tear & fold, scale & stretch. Our instructors were expecting us to discover and use the potential of these operations. In result, I have used those operations to promote my strategy. My strategy was “integration of dense and less dense group”. 

Here are some snapshots from my final jury 🙂

By Using the Diagram

Untitled-1

After the previous assignment, our instructures wanted us to produce a diagram of it. It was something new for us. We started to producing it and after that they wanted us to make a model with the same units but one element of that unit should be streched and also we should have be in accordance with that diagram. I tried a lot to reach that model but I couldn’t. And then, I realized that the diagram was so specific to that previous model. So that, I tried to produce a generic diagram as possible and I tried to make units grouped according to their relations. This time it was lots more easy. So that I could reach this model. In addition, stretching operation made me gain new relations even though I lost some of them. It was a good experience that taught me lot of useful things.

Studying the Relations

Untitled-1

We kicked off to a new stage of our training which is called CO-MO-RO, in other words copy-move-rotate. Firstly, we determined a plane which is limited with 20 cm2. Ad by using that element we introduced a unit. My unit includes 5 elements so that I could make my unit oriented every direction. That increased my unit’s potential in terms of assembling them together. After that, I tried to study the relations between units and their variations. I tried make them strong relations as possible and tried to add complexity to my model.